In a historic building, in the heart of Old Town, is located the school where everyone knows each other, in which no one is anonymous, and each is treated individually School of intimate, bohemian atmosphere, the only one in Poznań and the entire region GENERAL SCHOOL OF BALLET name Olga Sławska - Lipczynski by Street Gołębia 8 in Poznan.
In the second half of the sixteenth century, the site of the non-existing Today building housed the headquarters of the Jesuit College - a powerful center of intellectual and cultural life of contemporary Poland.
Regardless of education flourished here Art: presentation of the theater school in Latin and music events. In the eighteenth century established a new building in today's shape. After the dissolution of the Jesuit Order in 1773 the Commission of National Education took it over and set up here the National Provincial School. In 1793 the former theater of the Jesuits appeared Bogusławski Theatre. Its founder and director was Wojciech Bogusławski called "the father of Polish theater." In the period Duchy of Warsaw there opened the doors to school departments with French inscription above the gate "Lycee". The continuation of the Jesuit College and the said School became the Secondary School "ad Sanctam Mary Magdalene", transferred in 1858 to a new building on the Square Bernardine. Even in the years of national dependence Peter Mikołajczak started here a Dance School, native from Poznan, educated in the field of choreography in Warsaw and Berlin. In 1923 there moved the School of Decorative Arts to the headquarters of the old Jesuit College. In this building there was a school until to 1933.
Rebuilt after the war the building was allocated in 1957 for the seat of State Primary School of Ballet. A beautiful baroque building, which houses the Secondary School of Ballet, belongs to the complex of Jesuit buildings. The Jesuits came to Poznań in 1570 and began to build the church, beside which set his school and college. This complex include Fara, enjoying a reputation as one of the most beautiful baroque churches in Poland and the adjoining mighty edifice College (here in 1806 stopped for 3 weeks Napoleon, and in 1828 toured Frederic Chopin) and building schools. The impressive complex is the strongest element in the architecture of the old Poznan, at the same time occupies a prominent place in the history of Polish Baroque. School building was built in the eighteenth century on the site of the first non-existent office of the Jesuit College, built in the second half of the sixteenth century. The two-storey baroque pilasters building has three facades facing three streets adjacent to it: Swietoslawska, Gołębia and Klasztorna. On the front axle of the south wing, from the street Golebia, is cruising the vestibule of the barrel vault with lunettes, down her sides and extensive conference, also vaulted barrel vault with lunettes. The vestibule leads to the beautiful arcaded courtyard, in the depths of the decorative stairs lead to the loggia (once an open courtyard) on the first floor. Run around the courtyard arcades have sail vaults . Building roofs are to fallen with dormers from the courtyard, on the northern span of the arcades of the courtyard - a desktop roof. Inside the building there are staircases carved balusters and railings. Two of them, located at the ends of both wings, connect the ground floor to the first and second floor and attic, the third runs from the first to the second floor.
developed by Stanisław Stoiński